Warning
This ghost story is rated Mature by its author, and contains material meant for readers 18+

Grandma's basement

Grandma's basement

When I was going to college, I worked part-time on campus. During winter break, I would do odd jobs for extra income, one of which was to babysit my aunt and uncle's dogs when they were out of town. They were staying in my great grandmother's house at the time and were out of town, and I was left in charge of two small dogs. The basement in this house always freaked me out a little because once when I was little, I saw a blue light hovering on one side of the basement. It was a small glowing blue light about the size of a baseball. So, I panicked and started to run upstairs, and up to the point where I reached the stairs, the ball of light appeared to be chasing me.

So, on this one occasion where I was dog sitting, I would keep the doors locked when I was inside because I was alone and did not want anybody breaking in or intruding in on the house while I was inside alone. A couple of hours after I arrived for the evening, I went to the back door to let the dogs out for one last time before bed, and when we got to the kitchen, I noticed that not only was the door unlocked, but it had been opened! I was the only one there and did not even hear it open. I got so scared, thinking there was an intruder in the house, that I grabbed the dogs and left to spend the night at my mom's house. We went back in the morning, to find nobody in the house, and absolutely nothing disturbed. Nothing had been stolen or disrupted in any way, which would indicate it was not likely a living person who intruded on the home. That was the last time I dog sat for them.

© sav8604 - 12-25-17

Tip Jar Support content creators. Any contribution is made directly to this author.

Want to comment on this ghost story? or Sign Up

Who's browsing: 1 Guest(s)

Stats

0 Comments
19 Likes
Added 12-25-17

User

Bio
Hi, My name is Savannah, and I currently live in Arizona. Back when I lived in Ohio, I lived in a haunted apartment for 19 years. As a result of my experiences there, I became an avid ghost hunter, and have been on many investigations. [More]...

Contact Us   Email: support@myghoststory.com   Terms   Privacy   © MyGhostStory.com 2017-2021