Story View List View New Post
253    1     Send post to a friend    View a Printable Version   Subscribe to this story
Child Apparition
by Cryptid Hunter © November 12th, 2017

California
This experience happened to me while I was traveling through the Mojave Desert back in 2001. I was getting ready to come back home to Las Vegas after visiting my then girlfriend who lived in Lancaster Ca. It was a Sunday night at 9 pm when I decided to make the long drive back home. It had just finished raining in Lancaster and there was a lot of overcast, so it was a pretty dark cold and creepy night. I decided to take a backroad instead of the freeway because I love finding abandoned buildings to explore.
I took old HWY 58 to the town of Hinkley Ca, as I drove through the small nearly deserted town I found a road that had 4-5 abandoned houses all near each other.

I drove around for a bit just until I felt comfortable enough that no one was in one of the houses I wanted to go in and explore. The 2 story house was fairly old and had been vandalized throughout the years. I got off my truck and pulled out my flashlight and walked the outside perimeter of the abandoned home. As I came back around with my light I noticed a small silhouette in one of the windows that was facing towards the street. I shun my light up towards it but I could not see anyone standing there.

I yelled out a couple of "hellos" just in case someone was squatting inside the house they would somehow know I was friendly. No one answered. I waited a few minutes outside and without shining my light to it I kept looking towards the same window where I had seen a figure of a small person standing. I saw the same figure standing by the window, I raised my hand and waved but it did not wave back, instead, it walked backward deeper into the room until I couldn't see it anymore.

I decided to leave the place but fearing that it may be a child or a small kid that was lost I decided to go inside the house to see if it was ok or if it needed help. As I walked up the porch to the front door I remember thinking that I was an idiot for doing this. I called out a couple of times to see if anyone replied but no one did. I slowly walked all of the downstairs rooms and when I saw that they were empty I decided to go upstairs. As I was walking up the stairs the floorboards squeaking below me did not help with my nerves. I called out a few more times but no one answered so I started calling out "hey kid, are you ok? do you need any help?".

I went through 2 of the upstairs rooms but they were also empty, so I headed towards the end room where I had seen the silhouette, the room was decorated for a small child. The walls were painted from what seemed to be of little kids. I heard what I think was 2 knocking sounds that came from the closet area so I walked towards it thinking that a kid might be hiding in there but when I walked in that room there was no kid and all there was were a set of pajamas hanging from the closet. I think that I almost fainted when I didn't see any kid inside the room and I decided to get the hell out of that place. A few weeks passed by when I went to visit my girlfriend in Lancaster again and on my way back to Las Vegas again I decided to return to the house and film the inside of it, the same set of pajama pants was still hanging from the closet.
November 12th, 2017

Oh man, what a creepy story!! I gotta say, you're pretty ballsy for going into those places! Had you been a believer before that?
February 4th, 2018

Would you like to comment on this haunted post?
LoginRegister

Hello! You are currently browsing the site as a guest.
Learn more.

Password:

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

By signing up, you agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy