Warning
This ghost story is rated Mature by its author, and contains material meant for readers 18+

Historic Home Ghost

Historic Home Ghost

Hello, my name is Haylee, and I want to tell you a little bit about my own house...
In a small town in Central New York, a couple by the name of Elizabeth and Richard Brown had built a House that they could also work in. Known as "Browns Funeral Home" yes my house was built to be the families business as a Funeral Home. As the entire down stairs to the home was strictly used for the Funeral home business. The couple along with their son lived upstairs. In the early 1900s the back of the funeral home had caught on fire (cause unknown). As the fire wiped out their family business it also took the life of their only child. The couple closed the business and eventually closed off the entire upstairs. The couple had remained in the house through the years until the 1940s when the couple had passed away in the house.

The house sat empty until 1969 when the Moore family moved in. Right away the family started experiencing weird things going on threw out the house. One day one of the Moore children went down to the basement to put away holiday decorations. As he got to the bottom of the stairs he screams in fear and ran back to the stairs where he told his mother that something bad grabbed his shoulder but he couldn't see anyone. The mother told him he was just imagining things. As the weeks went on the family would feel cold spots, heard footsteps going up and down the stairs, things falling and crashing to the floors upstairs to only find nothing had fallen out of place. Radios and TVs would turn on and off all hours of the nights. In 1971 the Moore family moved out.

The house again sat empty until 1992 when the Hodge family moved in. Slowly remodeling the out to update it. A couple weeks into living the house the Hodge family began experiencing the same weird happenings. The Hodge family oh thought it out to just being an "old house" and that it was settling. Until 1996 when one of the Hodge children began claiming he kept seeing a tall man in his bedroom. Which this bedroom had used to be a bathroom until the Hodge family had remodeled it into en extra bedroom. The Parents would just tell their dad n he was imagining things in the dark and that his mind was playing tricks on him, the family eventually moved out in 1998...

Once again where it sat empty until February of 2001 when my family had moved in. From the beginning, I would tell my parents I always felt like I was being watched. Things would always fall off of the shelf to only go to the scene and see nothing on the floor or out of place. Radios and t.v. Would turn on all hours of the night. Always feeling cold spots. I moved out in 2007 after I graduated high school. To only turn around a move right back in 2009 after the birth of my son. From the time my son was old enough to notice things, I would always catch him looking and pointing in certain directions giggling (no one would be there) because of this I always kept him in my room. But as he got old enough to walk and needed a normal size bed he was moved into the remodeled bedroom. From the time he was able to talk he would always claim to see a (tall man) in his closet. He is 8 years old now and still claims to see him every now and then. We still get cold spots and hear things crashing to the floor to only find that nothing had fallen. Electronics go off randomly. Our light fixtures blow out constantly. Still, hear the sounds of footsteps up and down the stairs. And have also over the years taken a picture with orbs over the heads of only my dad and 2 brothers. Unsure of why only them? But it will only happen when the photo is taken in the Kitchen.

So there is my personal ghost story. The Story of the Haunted Funeral Home.

P.s. Yes my family still lives in the house and plan on keeping it in the family. No one has ever been hurt or attacked physically.

© Ghost Girl 88 - 08-15-17

Tip Jar Support content creators. Any contribution is made directly to this author.

Want to comment on this ghost story? or Sign Up

Who's browsing: 1 Guest(s)

Stats

0 Comments
16 Likes
Added 08-15-17

User

Bio

Contact Us   Email: support@myghoststory.com   Terms   Privacy   © MyGhostStory.com 2017-2021